It’s all about the awesome blaster cannon! In Star Wars the Old Republic troopers , commando one, are the only class that can equip these heavy artillery pieces and shoot the hell of their foes. I love shooting big guns so the trooper was the obvious choice for me and it proved to a fun class to play. to be honest I had some help from this guide that made everything easier and more clear.
Here are some tips you may find useful:
1. Troopers are the best aoe classes in the game so be sure to use their aoe abilities whenever on cooldown. While questing you will find lots of 4-5 mob groups and abilities like Mortar Volley, Plasma Grande and Pulse cannon make short work of them.
2. Troopers unlike many other classes have the luck of having companions(Aric Jorgan and Elara Dorne) that have the same gear and weapons as you have. So you can hand down any gear that you get upgrades to them allowing you to collect more tokens. I would especially recommend you take Tatooine tokens for an amazing Blaster Cannon with an unique sound.
3. If you don’t like the dialogue movies you can totally switch them off in your preferences menu. This is particularly useful if you have already seen the dialogues in the case of leveling alts.
4. Although you have heal abilities, I have found on several occasions that medpacks have saved my life so always carry some. Also stims with Aim will make your trooper more powerful so you will level faster.
5. Also in the preferences menu you have an option to auto loot and join loot from several corpses. This will drastically save the amount of time you loot corpses so do turn them on.
These tips should make leveling your trooper easier but there are tons of other tips that I have found helpful. They are all neatly packed in SWTOR Saviour Leveling Guide a great guide with tons of tips and tricks tha you will find very usefull. And if you don’t you can just return it no questions asked.